Cactus High School is located in Phoenix, Arizona and is a public school that offers a JROTC program. The school has been operating one of the most successful JROTC programs in the state for over 10 years. They offer classes and extracurricular activities such as drill team, rifle team, marching band, and dance team.
The school offers students the opportunity to go out of state for rotc training and camps during summer break. Some students have gone on to become professional military members or law enforcement officers after graduation from Cactus High School’s JROTC program.
JROTC is a Department of Defense sponsored program that provides training in military leadership, personal fitness, and marksmanship.
The United States Army Cadet Command’s JROTC program was created to give students in American high schools the opportunity to participate in the military service or other government-sponsored scholarship opportunities.
JROTC has a significant impact on science literacy with an increase of applications due to student interest.
Cactus high school’s JROTC program, like many in Southern Arizona, is a popular choice for high school students interested in the military. The school offers many JROTC essay samples to use, JROTC 30 step.drills sequence, JROTC songs, providing an opportunity for students to earn their Navy Commissioning Program (NCP) through participation in this program.
What are the advantages of participating in JROTC?
- The JROTC is not your average schooling experience. Students here participate in group projects as part of a bigger organization that emphasizes the value of teamwork.
- You will have the opportunity to get experience in a variety of leadership roles, as well as build abilities in communication, decision making, and managing your time.
- Create memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Take part in the numerous extra-curricular and co-curricular activities that are available within Nixa JROTC.
- Cadets gain the vital life skills and opportunities through these experiences and opportunities that are necessary to be competitive in the workforce of the 21st century.
Act with integrity and personal accountability while leading others to achieve in a varied and global workforce; these are the outcomes of the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) program.
- Take an active role in addressing civic and social issues in the local community, the government, and society.
- Graduate with the skills necessary to succeed in a variety of post-secondary and career pathways.
- Choose actions that will have a beneficial impact on your social life, mental state, and physical wellbeing.
- Recognize the value of the contributions made by the armed forces and other service organizations.
There is no assurance that financial benefits will remain even after initial acceptance into an ROTC program. In order for students to continue to receive financial support for the entirety of their degree programs, they are required to maintain high academic standards. Each branch of the armed forces has its own set of requirements for your overall course load, the major you choose, and your minimum grade point average.
After completing your undergraduate degree, you are required to do a year of service in the armed forces. You will not have to begin your military career in a lower-ranking job because ROTC will have prepared you to begin at the officer level immediately after graduation. Graduates of the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (AROTC) enter active service as second lieutenants, whereas graduates of the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) become ensigns or second lieutenants in the Marine Corps. Graduates of the Air Force ROTC program enter the service at the rank of second lieutenant.
A lot of young people have the misconception that active duty duties are the same thing as an actual long-term career in the military. On the other hand, once you have fulfilled all of the obligations associated with your military service, you are free to leave the military and pursue a career in a different field.
Cactus high school JROTC program’s mission is to remodel and reconstruct the cultural landscape of the region by educating citizens in a dynamic and enjoyable environment.
Cactus High School JROTC Program is a military academy that educates students on the values of military civility and discipline with an emphasis on leadership development.